Preparing for Your Appointment
We want to ensure your first session is meaningful and void of any surprises. This step-by-step guide is intended to clarify some of your most pressing questions.
Scheduling & Payment
1. Consider therapy as an investment in yourself. Calculate your monthly therapy budget to determine how often you can afford to meet. Please see our FAQs for payment details.
2. Services may be covered in part or in full by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Does my insurance pay on "out of network providers?"
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
3. Sessions are 45-50 minutes in length and begin on the hour.
Your First Session in Person
4. You can fill out the Client Information Sheet and Journeys Counseling Philosophy and Informed Consent in advance or receive these forms during your first session and return them the following week.
5. When you arrive in our waiting room, look for a light board that has your therapist's name. Flip the light switch to the "on" position to let them know that you are there.
6. Your therapist will be anticipating your arrival and come out to greet you.
7. Payment is required at the time of the session.